Sector Group Manager (m/f/x)
> 5 years experience, Full-time
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Bewerbungsfrist : 24.11.2023
To reinforce the Petrochemicals Europe team, Cefic is looking for a (m/f/d):
Sector Group Manager.
Mission of the role:
The manager will be responsible for working closely with a dynamic team of professionals focused on providing support to Petrochemicals Sector Groups, on REACH, CLP and other Chemical related dossiers, as driven by the Green Deal (e.g. Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability, Fit for 55, Transition to become climate neutral). As such this is a responsible, dynamic and transition- managing role, striving for a climate neutral and competitive Europe.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Manage multiple Sector Groups focused on petrochemicals and chemical derivatives;
- Allocate resources, including finance, systems, and infrastructure, to support daily operations and future actions of the Sector Groups;
- Identify scientific issues and develop relevant strategies and action plans in collaboration with Sector Groups to comply with EU regulations;
- Coordinate and manage Sector group projects to ensure adherence to timelines and deliverables;
- Oversee various activities such as business, advocacy, technical, communication, regulatory affairs, and HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment);
- Organize meetings, develop presentations, documents, position papers, strategies, communication material;
- Support and coordinate the development of guidelines and best practices for the Sector Groups (for example for the safe handling and sustainable use of related petrochemical products);
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies in collaboration with members, ensuring successful execution;
- Provide high-level service and advice to members, addressing inquiries from members and policy representatives in accordance with industry confidentiality standards.
Can you make the difference?
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced professional who demonstrates the following experience, competencies and personal qualities:
- Academic background: preferably MSc. in Chemical Engineering, Applied Sciences or Chemistry/Biochemistry;
- A minimum of 5 years successful experience at European/international level on scientific and/or regulatory issues in the chemical industry;
- Strong knowledge of the EU legislative process, including ordinary and delegated procedures. Experience with chemical-related legislation is advantageous;
- Clear understanding of a trade federations’ role and being familiar with regulation and willing to develop his/her experience in European Affairs;
- Affinity with transition management, chemistry and sustainability;
- Good project management skills, service-minded with a certain autonomy, self-starter with presence;
- Full professional proficiency in English; additional European languages are a definite asset;
- Analytical thinker, at ease with scientific discussions;
- Strong communication skills: ability to speak clearly and concisely in front of a group; ability to deliver well organized, enthusiastic and convincing presentations and ability to adapt style and language to audience;
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Ready to travel (max. 10-20%);
- Prepared to live in Belgium (Brussels).
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to understand the business dimension of the European industry, within the EU regulatory framework;
- The opportunity to work with other industries’ associations including downstream users’ associations within the supply chain;
- Dynamic and challenging topics;
- Working in a team with a positive attitude towards stress and mindful of work – personal life balance;
- Full time employment contract, competitive salary according to experience and several benefits;
- Working in a people oriented, international and dynamic culture at the centre of EU affairs;
- Opportunities for employee development (trainings, mentoring).
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae and motivation letter, quoting the reference SGM-01, by 24 November 2023 to Cefic, Jessica Bart-Williams, HR Officer, Rue Belliard 40, b15, 1040 Brussels.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please note that in the course of the recruitment process, your application may be shared with internal departments and/or Cefic members.
Sector Group Manager (m/f/x)
Veröffentlicht am: 03.11.2023