Communications Intern (m/f/d)
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Bewerbungsfrist : 26.11.2021
Berufsfeld : Communications & social media
Thema : Transportation & infrastructure
The European Transport Workers’ Federation (ETF) is looking for a Communications Intern (m/f/d)
Communications and campaigns are at the heart of the ETF’s mission to defend and improve working conditions across Europe. We are looking for an intern for a 6-month period from January to June 2022. Our ETF Congress: All Aboard: Destination Fair Transport! will take place in May 2022 in Budapest, and much of our work will be dedicated to making this event a success. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience while supporting the ETF Communications Officers with everyday communications and activities dedicated to Congress.
- Participate and contribute to brainstorming sessions and communications planning;
- Draft, edit and publish website content;
- Produce and publish social media content;
- Create visuals, edit video content;
- Gather and edit materials for newsletters;
- Research and register relevant press contacts and assist in building press outreach.
We are looking for a candidate with
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (social sciences, communications, languages, etc.);
- Excellent spoken and written English and at least one other European language would be nice to have, but it is not an absolute requirement;
- Relevant experience in communications;
- Commitment to workers’ rights and trade union values;
- Experience of web publishing and social media management;
- Experience with Mailchimp;
- Experience with digital tools for design, photo-editing or audiovisual production (Knowledge of Canva, Adobe Rush or Premiere Pro and/or other alternatives for video editing and visual design is a plus – our OS is Windows);
- Familiarity with the trade union movement, political communications and campaigning, European transport policy, or European affairs;
- A creative approach to ideas, messages and political actions;
- The ability to work in a multicultural and international team;
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects.
- An internship agreement per Belgian legal norms (Convention d’Immersion Professionnel/Beroepsinlevingsovereenkomst);
- Monthly compensation of €900;
- 6 days of leave to be taken in agreement with supervisors;
- Workplace insurance;
- Work trips related to the ETF 2022 Congress;
- Regular meetings with a named supervisor to assess progress and assign tasks that will support further learning;
- The opportunity to contribute to a key event of one of the biggest European Trade Union Federations based in Brussels.
Equal employment opportunity
ETF is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicants’ merits and abilities.
We invite any interested candidate to send a CV and a short motivation letter in English to Josef Maurer, ETF Head of Operations, at [email protected] by Friday 26 November 2021 COB. Only applications sent by e-mail will be considered.