Senior Cancer Control Officer (m/f/x)
> 5 years experience, Full-time
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Bewerbungsfrist : 01.10.2023
ECL is seeking to hire a proactive and dedicated cancer control professional to join our team in Brussels to act as the lead expert on cancer control.
The Senior Cancer Control Officer will be the in-house expert on cancer control, along with the Director, and coordinate or contribute to the coordination of actions and projects with leagues and other ECL partners, especially actions related to the European Code Against Cancer. The CC Officer will also support the EU project team members in the implementation and management of EU funded projects.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a sound educational and professional background during an exciting period for EU cancer policy.
The position reports to the Director, working in close collaboration with the team.
Who are we looking for?
Education and experience
- Master’s degree in health (doctorate degree preferred), especially if related to cancer or NCDs;
- At least 10-15 years’ experience in health, preferably in cancer or NCDs;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated effective and collaborative team member;
- Authorised to work legally in Belgium.
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- In-depth knowledge of public health issues and health systems in the area of cancer, other non-communicable diseases and social determinants;
- Competence and experience in the planning, directing, monitoring and evaluating cancer- or NCD-related actions and projects;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Good presentation and chairing skills;
- Excellent and proven organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload and manage changing demands and deadlines;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Willing to pitch in and help others in the small team.
- A positive and KIND attitude as an effective team leader and player;
- Experienced self-starter;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work autonomously, as well as within a small team;
- Friendly and professional attitude, able to engage and motivate project partners and collaborators;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Flexibility and willingness to travel occasionally, including during non-official hours.
- Terminal university degree (doctorate degree);
- Experienced in leading a small team, and willing to step in as Deputy Director if necessary;
- Experienced working in the international context;
- Excellent oral communication and drafting skills in English, with a keen attention to detail and quality;
- Knowledge of European institutions, funding programmes (especially Horizon 2020, Horizon Europe and EU4Health) procedures;
- Experience with EU-funded projects;
- Experience working in the pan-European context and/or with EU institutions and NGOs;
- Proven expertise in research methodologies;
- Proficient computer skills, especially MS Office applications and Zoom;
- Understanding of/strong interest in public health and cancer control issues;
- Fluent in other European languages.
What do we offer?
- A friendly and flexible working environment, with the opportunity to take initiative and drive EU policy and projects;
- A dynamic, young and supportive multicultural team;
- Connection to other cancer experts and a large diverse network of cancer and health organisations;
- Opportunities to meet and work with EU institutions and leading European and global cancer organisations;
- Experience in further developing your career as a leader in cancer control at a leading European NGO;
- Learning and training opportunities;
- Benefits package (e.g., meal vouchers, mobile subscription, five additional extra-legal vacation days).
Terms of Employment:
- This is a one-year contract with the possibility of renewal;
- Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and be supplemented with extra benefits;
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in Belgium. We are not able to sponsor work visas nor provide financial assistance to relocate to Brussels;
- The position is based in Brussels. Time will be split between an office in 1030 and another in the EU quarters;
- ECL is a smoke-free workplace, compliant with Belgian regulations.
How do I apply?
Please answer all questions and attach your CV and Letter of Motivation as detailed below with the subject line: Application for Senior Cancer Control Officer – [Your name & surname].
Click here and follow the instructions carefully to apply.
- Curriculum vitae, no longer than two A4 pages, with two professional references (preferably line managers, contacted only at a later stage with your agreement);
- Letter of Motivation, maximum two A4 pages, which includes your 1) gross (brut) salary expectations and 2) earliest availability.
Applications received are in confidence and screened only by Board members and the ECL Director.
IMPORTANT: applications that do not have the above information will not be considered.
Deadline for application: 1 October 2023 – 23:59 (CET) (deadline extension possible but priority will be given to applications received by this date)
Short-listed candidates are expected to be informed by 9 October and invited for in-person interviews between 16-18 and 24-27 October.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to provide individual feedback. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Senior Cancer Control Officer (m/f/x)
Veröffentlicht am: 11.09.2023