Officer (m/f/d) – PLATFORMA
> 2 years experience, Full-time
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Bewerbungsfrist : 25.09.2022
- You are an enthusiastic professional with experience working with politicians, local governments, and their associations; you know about the international action of local and regional governments;
- You want to work for a well-established and recognised organisation that represents European local and regional governments that share values of Human rights, democracy, and rule of law;
- You want to give meaning to your work and be part of a multi-cultural, young, dynamic, and collaborative team where your skills and commitment will be highly valued;
Then becoming an Officer dealing with Young elected officials and statutory affairs is an opportunity not to miss!
This position is based in the International partnerships team and will work on PLATFORMA activities.
PLATFORMA is a pan-European coalition of local and regional governments and their representative associations, all active in decentralised cooperation. The lead partner is the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR).
People – Youth
- Organise and lead a group of young elected officials within a European Committee, and increase the number of participants;
- Organise exchange activities between European young elected representatives and their peers within other networks in Europe and beyond in partner countries on topical issues;
- Develop the policy work around the participation of young people in local politics, both in Europe and in partner countries if appropriate;
- Support the participation of young elected officials in the different actions of the organisation, organise their participation in European and international events, write their briefings;
- Collaborate closely with the team and PLATFORMA partners to ensure sound exchange of information;
- Organise the PLATFORMA statutory meetings that take place twice a year and engage the members.
- You have a degree in European Affairs, Development, Political Science, International Affairs, Public Law;
- You know about the processes and working of the European institutions;
- You have an experience of 2 years in working at local level with politicians, local governments, or their associations;
- You have already organised panel discussions and events with politicians;
- You speak and write fluently in English; any other language is an asset, French or Spanish in particular;
- You can work autonomously and proactively;
- On the human side, you are a positive, enthusiastic, and tenacious person; you have strong interpersonal skills; you adapt easily by being a force of proposal;
- You have a critical mind and are open to new ideas.
- A one-year contract with possibility of extension;
- A valuable experience with local governments and EU institutions;
- An open, international, and flexible work environment;
- A modern and well-situated office in the European Quarter nearby Luxembourg Brussels Station. Partial teleworking and up to 30 days/year from abroad are part of the offered package.
Wishing to join us?
We are looking forward to meeting you! Send your CV and application letter (one document in French, the other one in English) telling us about your motivations and interests to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23h59 – 25 September 2022. Please put Young Elected Officials in the title of the email. Job entry will take place as soon as possible. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. More about us: www.cemr.eu & www.platforma-dev.eu.
CEMR is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity.
Veröffentlicht am: 12.09.2022