Policy Associate (m/f/d) , Europe
Brussels, Belgium | Remote
> 2 years experience, Full-time
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Who you are:
The App Association seeks an entrepreneurial and strategic European policy associate who is curious about and interested in the legal and policy issues affecting the small business software and internet of things industry. You will support the association’s day-to-day activities in Europe and help drive its advocacy efforts on a variety of policy issues, such as privacy, platform competition, intellectual property, and standards. You will be responsible for drafting the App Association’s advocacy materials and policy positions in Europe for all related comment and engagement opportunities, supporting general strategy and advocacy activities, and representing the Association in public-facing events and other forums where needed. The role requires a deep understanding of the policy context in the EU, including selected Member States and the United Kingdom, of the critical policy issues affecting the European digital industry, and exceptional writing skills in English. You will be part of a small dynamic international team across time zones. This position works closely with our team based in Europe and the United States. Currently, the position is partially working from home, based in Brussels.
- Track, analyse, and anticipate relevant policy and regulatory developments in Europe in digital technology, affecting our members’ ability to innovate and grow their businesses.
- Identify opportunities for regulatory filings and comment submissions in the EU, Member States, and the UK to contribute to conversations on policies affecting the app ecosystem.
- Research and draft regulatory filings, letters, public consultation responses, position papers, and blogs and manage the review and submission of written items to government authorities
- Develop documents that explain to our members how policy issues such as security, intellectual property, competition, and antitrust, privacy, and encryption apply to modern software development.
- Support the execution of advocacy initiatives and strategies as the European public policy landscape evolves across various venues and issues.
- Represent the App Association in meetings with government officials across various venues, business coalitions, public events, and panels when needed.
- Engage with key policy stakeholders in Brussels, the Member States, and the UK, including trade associations, companies, and civil society.
- Support organization of policy-related briefings, meetings, and other events with the support of internal teams
- Understand and educate stakeholders on issues affecting the European small business innovator community.
- Help to position the App Association as a reliable expert with government, civil society, academia, and other relevant stakeholders on policy issues affecting the app ecosystem.
- 2+ years of professional experience in legal, public policy, government affairs, advocacy, or political roles
- Strong research and writing skills, experience in analysing regulation and drafting policy documents
- Familiarity with legislative processes in the EU or the UK and/or experience working with EU or United Kingdom policymakers is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and interest in technology policy issues and their interplay with small business innovators
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally and independently with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to analyse and think strategically
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail; additional languages are an asset
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Willingness to travel to other European countries and the United States as needed
- The ability to live and work in Belgium
- JD or advanced degree or equivalent experience
To apply for the policy associate position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Veröffentlicht am: 10.03.2023