Program Officer (m/f/d)
> 2 years experience, Full-time
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Bewerbungsfrist : 02.01.2023
The Program Officer is a point of contact for civil society organisations seeking and receiving funding from the Alliance for Gender Equality in Europe and for foundations working with the Alliance, embedded within the framework of NEF.
The Program Officer will contribute to the implementation of grant-making, capacity building and the evaluation and monitoring of the program. They work in coordination with the Program Manager and report to her.
Progressively, as part of a small team, the Program Officer will lead on the capacity building strand of work of the Alliance, role to be defined according to profile and experience.
- Prepare and follow-up meetings of the Alliance governance bodies
- Participate into the development, coordination and implementation of the capacity building activities for the grantee partners
- Extract learnings from the capacity building to contribute to the evaluation of the Alliance’s work.
- Organise the Alliance events
- Contribute to the Alliance Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Stay abreast of issues related to gender equality by attending conferences, conducting site visits and engaging with key stakeholders in the sector
- Provide other administrative and logistics support where needed
- Serve as a key contact point for organisations seeking and receiving funding
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the calls for proposals
- Contracting and payments execution
- Contribute to the assessment of grantees, by analysing progress reports, conducting site visits, and extracting project learnings to contribute to the evaluation of the Alliance’s work
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant job experience
- Experience in non-profit work
- Experience in program management, including coordination, planning and logistics for meetings and events
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritize
- Knowledge or strong interest in the field of gender equality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in any other European language is considered an asset.
- Ability to work autonomously and be a team player
- Experience providing capacity development support
- Experience working with philanthropic organisations and multi-actor collaborations
- A 2-year contract potentially renewable
- A gross salary between 38 000€ and 50 000€ per year depending on experience
- A full-time position (37.5 hours per week) – terms to be mutually discussed and agreed upon
- Position based in Brussels with two days of remote work per week – terms to be mutually discussed and agreed upon.
The position requires some European travel.
Please note that EU Citizenship or a Belgian Residence Permit is required for this role.
How to apply
Send your resume along with a cover letter (both documents of maximum 1 page) explaining how you fulfil the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Officer application – <name>” in the subject line.
The application deadline is January 2nd, 2023. The first round of interviews will be held on January 12 & 13, 2023 and the second round on January 19, 2023.
We aim for the candidate to start as soon as possible.
We welcome application from people of all culture, genders, backgrounds and experiences and will pay a particular attention to people belonging to originally marginalised groups.
Veröffentlicht am: 23.11.2022