Sector Group Manager (m/f/d)
> 5 years experience, Full-time
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Bewerbungsfrist : 24.03.2023
To reinforce the Specialty Chemicals Industry Sector, Cefic is looking for a Sector Group Manager (M/F/D)
Mission of the role
As part of the Specialty Chemicals team, you will manage several sector groups. The right candidate will act as an advocate and representative of the industry in official and professional bodies in order to position, communicate and safeguard its interests at all times.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Promote the positive image and credibility of the Specialty Chemicals Sector Groups to which you will be assigned with all relevant stakeholders, internal and external.
- Have regular contacts with the EU and Member State authorities.
- Establish, maintain, extend and use a network of relationships and alliances with industry stakeholders.
- Monitor, analyze and interpret the existing and proposed policies & government legislation and its impact on member company activities.
- Identify existing and emerging issues that could affect the Sector Groups.
- Develop, agree and implement with the member companies a strategy to deal with regulatory, scientific or others issues.
- Manage members’ diverging interests and drive the process of consensus‐building and position‐taking to reach agreement between all parties involved.
- Translate the approved strategy into objectives, plans and budgets for the various working groups.
- Manage scientific and regulatory consultants contracted by your sector groups and ensure they work in synergy with each other to reach their objectives and deliverables.
- Constantly maintain contacts with potential new members and other professional associations to broaden the membership base or to set up alliances that will increase the impact of your sector group’s advocacy in the short and long term.
- Organise meetings, draft minutes and manage budgets.
Can you make the difference?
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and experienced professional who demonstrates the following experience, competencies and personal qualities:
- Academic background: preferably MA or MSc in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or any relevant scientific background.
- At least 5 years’ experience working at European/international level on scientific and/or regulatory issues in the chemical industry, value chain or with associations similar to Cefic
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong advocacy skills and experience with EU regulatory framework and in particular with REACH.
- Full professional proficiency in English and at least one other European language; additional languages are a definite asset.
- Strong communication skills: ability to speak clearly and concisely in front of a group; ability to deliver well-organized, enthusiastic and convincing presentations and ability to adapt style and language to audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate and solve conflicts.
- Team player who can work independently and take initiatives when needed in a multi-functional and multicultural team. Demonstrating dedication and loyalty.
- Cool-headed in crisis situations and can work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Pro-active with service and customer orientation
- Curious mind and eagerness to learn and grow within the Specialty Chemicals Industry Sector.
- Motivation to travel occasionally (about 20%).
- Prepared to live in Belgium
What do we offer?
- Working in a people oriented, international and dynamic culture at the centre of EU affairs
- Full time employment contract, competitive salary according to experience and several benefits.
- Opportunity to understand the business dimension of the European industry, within the EU regulatory framework.
- Opportunity to work with other industries’ associations including downstream users’ associations within the supply chain.
- Working on dynamic and challenging topics.
- Working in a team with a positive attitude towards stress and mindful of work – personal life balance.
- Opportunities for employee development (trainings, mentoring)
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae and motivation letter by 24 March 2023 to Cefic – Jessica Bart-Williams, HR Officer – Rue Belliard 40, b15, 1040 Brussels
Please quote reference –SGMWEB/23 when submitting your application
Veröffentlicht am: 27.02.2023