Senior Advocacy Adviser (m/f/d)
Berlin, Germany | Remote
Arbeitsbeginn : 01.02.2022
> 5 years experience, Full-time
Bewerbungsfrist : 19.12.2021
Berufsfeld : Adviser
Thema : Environment & sustainability, Foreign & security policy, International cooperation
Gehalt : 49.000€ - 58.000€ / Jahr
WaterAid is looking for a Senior Advocacy Adviser (m/f/d)
As our Senior Advocacy Adviser in Germany, you will lead WaterAid’s Germany’s policy and advocacy Work. You will be responsible for providing policy analysis and leadership on several of our key policy issues, including development financing, global health, education, gender quality as well as transparency and accountability.
You will be a great team player and self-starter with excellent project management and communications skills, who is able to handle a varied role, and has a range of experience within development policy and advocacy. You will have a thorough knowledge of Germany and EU development debates. This position reports directly to the International Affairs Director and will be based in Berlin.
- In this role, you will develop and implement advocacy strategies to operationalize the policy leg of national, European and international campaigns in Germany.
- You will also lead the development of policy positions and messaging of WaterAid in Germany, building relationships with a range of stakeholders in government, parliament, and civil society.
- Work with colleagues across WaterAid to design and implement WaterAid’s advocacy and lobbying strategy in Germany and the EU
- Identify trends and issues in Germany and develop strategies, projects and interventions around these
- Provide briefings for senior WaterAid staff and leadership, and provide policy advice to support the work of the media and campaigns teams.
- Represent WaterAid at high level meetings.
- Lead on the development of policy products for Germany.
- Provide policy analysis and monitoring on political trends and processes in Germany.
- Provide German perspectives to global policy discussions and international policy products, ensuring global positions reflect German perspectives.
- Provide policy leadership or support for international projects
This is a very exciting opportunity to join our Policy & Campaigns team.
- You will have significant experience (at least 5 years) of working in an NGO, think tank or government agency in the field of development policy and advocacy, specifically on issues pertaining to German development policies and institutions.
- In addition, you will have experience of developing and implementation of advocacy strategies.
- Fluency in German at native speaker level, and excellent English skills are essential for the role.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Strong political judgement and understanding of the German political environment
- To be able to synthesize complex policy language and to seek out key facts and statistics that help explain complicated policy topics to broad audience.
- Strong networking skills, extraordinary professionalism and diplomacy
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with shifting priorities and occasional heavy workloads.
How to Apply:
Join us to change normal for good – Apply today!
Applications will close 23:59 on 19/12/2021. Availability for interview is required 24th and 25th January 2022 – Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams.
Please apply by submitting your CV and a Cover letter in a single document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Please contact [email protected] if you are interested to know more about salary for the role.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us at [email protected].