Public Affairs Business Partner – Critical Care (role at Sr Director level) (f/m/d)
Nyon, Schweiz | Mailand, Italy | Breda, Netherlands | Unterschleißheim, Deutschland | Guyancourt, France | Newbury, England, UK
> 5 Jahre Berufserfahrung, Vollzeit
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives.
The role is intended to elevate Edwards leadership in Public Affairs both externally and internally, broaden external engagement, increase frequency of interaction and develop partnerships, at national and local levels. The role will lead the implementation of the regional Public Affairs and Market Access programs related to the Edwards Critical Care Business to secure timely patient access and appropriate funding to innovative products and digital solutions that Edwards brings to healthcare systems.
Through dialogues and interactions with institutions, decision-makers, payers, medical societies and healthcare professionals, the Market Access role engages with key stakeholders in the EMEACLA region to define the best access pathways and procurement practices within the health care system to benefit patients, building an innovation-friendly business environment with high ethical standards and in partnership with external stakeholders.
The role will develop, implement and execute regional Public Affairs and Market Access Affairs programs in alignment with local affiliates and the Critical Care Business Unit’ imperatives in order to secure patients’ access to Edwards Lifesciences products at optimal conditions and will drive the European access strategy and evidence development.
- Develop and support a comprehensive understanding of the external access policy and decision-maker environment and issues with regards to Critical Care monitoring technology (capital equipment, consumables, AI derived software and solutions) which influence how Edwards Critical Care Business Units operates in the region
- Map environmental influences as well as the current and future access and funding landscape with regards to digital technology and AI derived software supporting clinical decision making
- Lead the identification, prioritization and management of market access and governmental strategic issues that matter to the business, in close collaboration with local affiliates and the cross functional European Critical Care Leadership Team
- Establish, maintain and strengthen a network of contacts with policymakers, government officials and agencies, as well as payers, HTA bodies and trade associations at European level
- Define and implement Public Affairs strategy aiming at the prioritization of critical care monitoring, patient access to innovation and innovation reward
- Drive the cross-Business Unit Public Affairs strategy as part of the regional Public Affairs Leadership team
- Input into Critical Care evidence generation plans in collaboration with clinical, medical and global health economics and outcome research teams
- Work in close cooperation with the Critical Care Business Units in delivering Edwards innovation value proposition at national – and regional levels, with the engagement and the interaction with relevant clinical, non-clinical stakeholders and medical societies.
- Formulate and deliver the optimal market access strategy for Edwards Lifesciences Critical Care current and pipeline products in close collaboration with the strategy team
- Coordinating the implementation of the access action plans with local and EMEACLA* teams and resources
- Shape value propositions for key Critical Care products in alignment with global health economics and reimbursement – and local team
- Ensure Edwards’ leadership and representation at the European industry association, specifically in the area of digital health
- Developing innovative health economics strategies, value assessment tools and perform economic evaluations of new technology,
- Performing constant monitoring about the changes in the reimbursement environment and conditions for the Edwards Lifesciences Critical Care portfolio.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree with a postgraduate qualification, preferably a Masters degree, in Political Science, Lifesciences, Law, Economics, or Business
- Working knowledge of healthcare systems in Europe and its policies
- Knowledge and experience in health economics and/or health outcomes
- Knowledge and experience of economic and social issues and trends relevant for the region
- Strong network in the digital medtech space
- Connection to payers and decision makers and an understanding of how things get done
- Strong Business Acumen
- To-do attitude and sense of urgency
- Exposure to digital solutions in the medical device industry
- Ability to craft and drive key messages that support Edwards’s Critical Care strategy and influence stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate with different functions and teams inside Edwards
- Ability to relate and network with key stakeholders inside and outside the company and recommends internal as well as external business solutions,
- Strong communication skills, oral and written. Aptitude to influence senior individuals,
- Leverage global resources in support of the EMEACLA Market Access agenda
- Recognized as an expert in Market Access, Health Economics and Public Affairs
- Ability to lead successfully projects and teams in an international, fast pace matrix environment.
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
10 to 15 years’ experience in market access, government affairs, advocacy and external engagement in the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry internationally and specifically in Europe.
Veröffentlicht am: 25.05.2022