Science Officers (m/f/d) – Inclusive Science
> 5 Jahre Berufserfahrung, Vollzeit
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Bewerbungsfrist : 11.11.2022
The position will report to the Senior Science Officer leading the Inclusive Science cluster of the organization.
This position will involve:
- Ensuring technical/scientific and administrative management of EU-funded projects and/or project activities within the project portfolio of the Inclusive Science cluster of the organization;
- Implementing ESF science management instruments according to defined processes and deadlines;
- Contributing to the development of new projects/programmes in close collaboration with senior staff;
- Taking responsibility for the management and achievement/meeting of budgets for EU funded projects/specific activities in compliance with ESF financial rules and delegated financial authority and providing information necessary to Administration and Finance for the regular production of financial reports;
- Contributing to promoting a climate of positive, trustful and respectful staff relations by encouraging communication and information-sharing, by resolving staff issues in a timely manner;
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant scientific and research policy developments.
Specific technical competencies:
- M.Sc., but preferably Ph.D , with at least 5 years research management and administration experience;
- Demonstrable experience of project management, preferably in EC-funded projects in the context of H2020 and HE; experience in RRI-related projects will be an asset ;
- In depth knowledge of the Responsible Research and Innovation and the Open Science Principles;
- For the first Science Officer: Applied knowledge on gender equality and citizen engagement;
- For the Second Science Officer: Hands on experience with gender equality in the context of climate change/regional development as well eas the integration of gender equality in research; Knowledge on smart specialisation and sustainable development;
- For the third Science Office: Experience in the development of gender equality plans (GEPs) and in its implementation, mentoring in GEP implementation would be an asset;
- Experience in policy analysis and formulation of training programmes;
- Experience designing and implementing participatory methods (open studio, co-creation workshop, stakeholder consultation, etc), particularly co-design of policy recommendations;
- Solid knowledge of the EuropeanR&I landscape, the ERA policy agenda and and European funding programmes;
- High level technical writing and presentation skills;
- Good staff management skills in an international collaborative environment;
- High standard of spoken and written English, with a working knowledge of another European language being an advantage;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office systems.
Specific personal competencies:
- Proven organisational skills and capacity to deliver allocated tasks and respond in a timely manner to deadlines;
- Assertive with ability to influence decision-making;
- Ability to create links and promote networking;
- Excellent communication skills across cultural and scientific boundaries, showing discretion, diplomacy and tolerance;
- Excellent presentational skills;
- Ability to represent ESF in the scientific community;
- Action-orientated and responsible;
- Creative, willing to take initiative, and continuously improvement-minded;
- Ability to work independently within the context of objectives set by the Head of Unit;
- Transparency in working and a team-orientated work ethic;
- Positive and constructive attitude.
- The position is expected to be full-time (100% FTE) and will start as soon as possible;
- The contract is offered for a duration of 18 months;
- The person selected for the position will be working from the ESF Headquarters in Strasbourg.
Please send your application (cover letter + CV in English) by 11 November 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following reference SO221. Interviews will be held on 4 November 2022.
The ESF will not discriminate, nor allow its staff to discriminate, against any member of staff or applicant for employment or ex-employee on the basis of gender (including in cases of pregnancy or maternity); age; ethnic, national or social origin; religion or belief; sexual orientation; disability; political opinion; social or economic condition or health.
Veröffentlicht am: 25.10.2022