European Affairs Assistant (m/f/d)
Arbeitsbeginn : 01.12.2022
Bewerbungsfrist : 20.10.2022
To accomplish our vision to foster understanding, prevention and management of digestive diseases, through contributing to create a favorable policy environment and securing adequate research funding for the improvement of digestive health, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join the Public Affairs & Research Team in the UEG Office in Vienna and support the implementation of our advocacy strategy. A degree in European Affairs, Political Science, Law or International Relations is desired.
You will work in a young and dynamic team, with the opportunity to specialise in the growing field of EU Public Health and Research Policies and the development of our activities in the participation to European collaborative research projects. Main tasks include:
- Assistance in the organisation of internal and external meetings and events;
- Attendance of policy events and reporting;
- Drafting of materials for advocacy purposes (briefings, position papers) and performing desk research;
- Support in administrative tasks, and in the management of the Public Affairs & Research Committees (expert volunteer boards);
- Coordinating UEG’s research-specific prizes and awards;
- Supporting the dissemination of reports and advocacy materials towards policy-makers and the scientific community;
- Assistance in the development of UEG participation in EU Projects, such as Horizon Europe;
- Media and social media monitoring and creating content for social media and newsletters.
- Interest in the functioning of European institutions & decision-making processes and in issues surrounding health and research policies;
- Good political awareness and political judgement;
- First professional experience/internships in EU level advocacy is an advantage but not required;
- Capacity to write reports and policy papers;
- Excellent communication skills in English; German skills preferred;
- Excellent MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Capacity to work independently but also in a team with a hands-on attitude;
- Confidence in working with senior academics and volunteer-led boards;
- Experience within medical societies is an advantage but not required;
- Positive thinking, team spirit and sociability.
- An efficient introduction into a well-coordinated, international team with a diverse range of tasks;
- The opportunity to incorporate your skills within an innovative scientific organization and to further develop your professional abilities;
- A family-friendly, flexible work environment and a modern, easily accessible office;
- Social benefits as well as flexible working hours including home office possibilities and support for professional development;
- A market-conform and performance-related gross annual salary from EUR 35,000 (on a full-time basis including lunch break) with the willingness to pay more if you have the appropriate experience and qualifications;
- We are committed to supporting our employees and provide a pleasant and friendly working environment and atmosphere.
If you meet the requirements and want to work in a highly motivated and service- oriented team, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at UEG by applying now.
Please send your detailed application documents and salary expectations to Ms. Mathilde Ollivier: email@example.com.
Deadline for application: Monday, October 20, 2022
Veröffentlicht am: 22.09.2022