Food Policy Officer
> 2 Jahre Berufserfahrung, Vollzeit
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Bewerbungsfrist : 19.08.2022
BEUC – the European Consumer Organisation, is looking for a Food Policy Officer to reinforce its food team. The team promotes the interests of European consumers in the food area, working to ensure that food on consumers’ plates is safe, that consumers are empowered to make informed food choices, and that healthy and sustainable diets are accessible and affordable to all.
The tasks of the position will include:
- Monitoring and analysing EU policy developments related to food and food systems, and informing BEUC and its members accordingly;
- Monitoring BEUC members’ activities in relevant areas (e.g., healthy and sustainable diets) and drafting monthly digests;
- Contributing to BEUC’s work on sustainable food systems and sustainable healthy diets as well as other food-related issues;
- Drafting of position papers, responses to public consultations, lobby letters, technical briefing documents on food-related issues;
- Supporting the team in the organisation of meetings with BEUC members (drafting minutes, preparing presentations and policy updates; etc.);
- Collaborating with national consumer organisations on food issues;
- Representing BEUC in working groups, networks and conferences in the area of food.
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- A relevant university degree (in the fields of food science, European food law, public health/nutrition, food systems or agriculture);
- A good understanding of food- and food systems-related issues. Knowledge of EU law-making process is an asset;
- A commitment to advocate for the right of consumers, now and in the future, to safe, healthy and sustainable diets;
- At least 3 years of relevant and successful professional experience. Experience in the field of food systems is an asset;
- The ability to work well with people from different backgrounds;
- The ability to write and communicate very well in English. Knowledge of other EU languages is an asset;
- Good communication/presentation skills and a positive attitude to interact with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to be team player, well-organised, capable of delivering to challenging deadlines.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to the promotion of the interests of consumers;
- The opportunity to meet and work with consumers representatives and experts from across Europe;
- A full-time contract of (12 months, with possibility of renewal) with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits, extra-legal paid leaves, flexitime leave, possibility to work from home up to three days per week).
Applications for the position should be sent before 19 August by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Food Policy Officer.
A first round of interviews will take place in the week of 22 August.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To start as soon as possible. Your application should include the following documents:
- A short motivation letter;
- A detailed curriculum-vitae;
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at BEUC?
- Briefly explain the main reasons that motivate you to work at BEUC, using maximum 150 words.
- In your opinion, what makes healthy and sustainable eating challenging for consumers?
- How do you see the role of consumer organisations in supporting the transition to sustainable food systems?
Any incomplete application will be disregarded.
BEUC is an equal-opportunities employer.
Veröffentlicht am: 14.07.2022