Senior Partnership & Advocacy Officer (m/f/d)
> 5 Jahre Berufserfahrung, Vollzeit
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Bewerbungsfrist : 26.09.2022
VOICE is currently looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Partnership & Advocacy Officer to join an international team in the Brussels-based VOICE Secretariat.
VOICE is the network of 87 European NGOs promoting principled and people-centred humanitarian aid. The aims of the VOICE network are:
- to improve the general quality, efficiency and effectiveness of humanitarian aid, notably that of the European Union and its Member States as well as of the wider humanitarian community;
- to promote the added value of NGOs given their key role as humanitarian deliverers and as an expression of EU public solidarity;
- to strengthen organizational networking, influence, and expertise in humanitarian aid.
Our NGO network is recognised as the main interlocutor with the European Union on humanitarian aid based on 30 years of policy dialogue and expertise.
Purpose of the role
The Senior Partnership & Advocacy Officer oversees some of VOICE key areas of engagement: the Humanitarian Partnership (former FPA) and the Grand Bargain work areas. While being at the forefront of VOICE’s engagement with DG ECHO, the Senior Partnership & Advocacy Officer is responsible for coordinating and facilitating dialogues and exchanges between DG ECHO and VOICE’s NGO members, and to foster collective action to influence DG ECHO’s humanitarian policies and operational modalities. S/he will report directly to the Director.
- Lead two VOICE working groups:
- the Humanitarian Partnership (HP) Watch Group including Task Force which aim at defending the interests of all DG ECHO certified NGO partners regarding the HP and at promoting a quality and efficient partnership between DG ECHO and its NGO partners;
- the Grand Bargain (GB) 2.0 Working Group which aims at supporting the implementation of the GB 2.0 commitments in EU Member States and institutions.
- Provide effective policy monitoring, research and analysis of key humanitarian processes focusing on, but not limited to, the DG ECHO Humanitarian Partnership with NGOs and the Grand Bargain;
- Ensure information flow between EU officials and VOICE membership with the aim of coordinating and supporting advocacy efforts at EU and Member States’ level;
- Develop advocacy messages and network positions on allocated portfolios in collaboration with members and Secretariat’s colleagues;
- Write concept notes and policy statements on behalf of the network ensuring the interests of VOICE members are heard by policy- and decision-makers;
- Lead or participate in the organisation of VOICE events, meetings, webinars, and other outreach activities, potential new or ad hoc working groups, workshops and conferences at Brussels and Member States’ level;
- Represent VOICE at relevant meetings and conferences with members, donors, policymakers, and other partners, including through speaking engagements and networking with relevant stakeholders;
- Contribute to strengthening VOICE’s external visibility and increased outreach to VOICE main target groups;
- Perform related organisational and administrative tasks.
Essential required skills
- At least 6 years of working experience in the humanitarian/development/NGO sector;
- Prior experience in managing or implementing institutional grants, ideally DG ECHO grants;
- Knowledge of the EU policy environment related to humanitarian aid, the functioning of EU institutions, policies, procedures, and funding mechanisms;
- Strong research, analysis, and reporting skills combined with the ability to undertake research quickly and translate complex data into coherent narratives;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, including outstanding presentation skills and appropriate attention to detail;
- Exceptional organisation skills and a demonstrated ability to plan and keep track of concurrently running tasks;
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team player in a multi-cultural working environment.
- Field experience in humanitarian crisis-affected countries;
- Good working knowledge of French.
What we offer
- Contract: full time open-ended contract;
- Salary: competitive salary package based on skills and experience in line with Brussels-based NGO standards;
- Workplace: VOICE Secretariat with teleworking possibilities;
- International team: an exciting opportunity to work in a very pleasant work atmosphere with an open-minded international and highly dedicated experts’ team.
VOICE is committed to safeguarding people from exploitation and abuse in its work. We are developing specific policies on this commitment to outline the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff. Any candidate offered a job within VOICE will be expected to commit to adhering to these policies.
How to apply
Applicants should have a valid permit to work in Belgium and be based in Brussels.
Application deadline: 26 September 2022
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your application in English via e-mail to email@example.com with Senior Partnership & Advocacy Officer Position in the subject line, as well as your name and surname, and include:
Veröffentlicht am: 31.08.2022
- A motivation letter of maximum one page including your availability;
- A CV of maximum two pages including two to three references.