The EEB is the largest network of environmental citizens’ organisations in Europe. It currently consists of over 170 member organisations in more than 35 countries (all EU Member States plus some accession and neighbouring countries), including a growing number of European networks, and representing some 30 million individual members and supporters.
A better future where people and nature thrive together.
The next generation deserves a healthy planet. We believe in a world where equal, just, peaceful and democratic societies can prosper. A world with rich biodiversity and a safe climate. A world where laws and policies promote health and wellbeing while respecting nature. We believe that Europe has a crucial role to play in building this future.
The EEB stands for sustainable development, environmental justice, global equity, transparency and participatory democracy. It promotes the principles of prevention, precaution and the polluter pays.Our internal value statement:
- Democracy: We are a representative and inclusive organisation
- Fairness: We are committed to justice, equality and non-discrimination
- Respect: We provide an enabling, nurturing work culture that inspires excellence
- Integrity: We advocate policies based on science and communicate with honesty
- Sustainability: We strive to practice what we preach, applying green principles to our work.
We are the largest and most inclusive European network of environmental citizens’ groups – and the only one that works on such a broad range of issues. We advocate for progressive policies to create a better environment in the European Union and beyond.