Girls Not Brides
International Organisations | NGOs
Familiy & social affairs
A world without child marriage where girls and women enjoy equal status with boys and men and are able to achieve their full potential in all aspects of their lives.
We know that we are more effective when we work together, and believe that – as a Partnership – we will foster real change in girls’ lives.
Together, we will
- Collaborate to prevent child marriage and support girls who are – or have ever been – married.
- Amplify the voices of girls at risk of child marriage and defend girls’ rights to health, education and the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
- Enhance and strengthen efforts to end child marriage at every level.
- Raise awareness of the harmful impact of child marriage by encouraging open, inclusive and informed discussion at the community, local, national and international level.
- Facilitate learning and coordination between organisations working to end child marriage.
- Mobilise all necessary policy, financial and other support to end child marriage.
Who we are
Girls Not Brides is a global network of more than 1,600 civil society organisations from over 100 countries committed to ending child marriage and ensuring girls can reach their full potential. For more information on how we function as a partnership, see our How we work page.