Director – Human and Trade Union Rights (m/f/d)
> 5 years experience, Full-time
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Bewerbungsfrist : 31.03.2023
The Director is responsible for the strategic direction of the ITUC in these areas and managing the department and its staff, as part of the Management Team of the ITUC.
The Director reports directly and is accountable to the ITUC General Secretary, and manages a team, currently of five staff, mostly responsible for the different ITUC regions, including one who additionally leads on programme and project management.
- To ensure implementation of ITUC strategic priorities as determined by the ITUC Congress and General Council and to submit proposals for goals, targets, strategy and activities through the ITUC management structure; oversee the countries in crisis programme and the rapid response mechanism; act as Secretary of the Human and Trade Union Rights Committee which meets annually; and support the legal department in ILO cases;
- To translate these policies into result-oriented actions: to select themes, targets and overall content of activities, programmes and projects in consultation with relevant staff in the Department, and with other Departments, and take into account demands or needs of affiliates and external partners including preparing reports to ITUC Governing Bodies concerning the trade union movement and activities;
- To plan, coordinate and supervise programmes, projects and events, to mobilise required resources and to create and implement required working methods, instruments and methodologies incl. integration in global/regional structures;
- To lead and manage day-to-day running of own Department, its activities, programmes, projects, resources and delegated budgets and to provide leadership and guidance to the team: to allocate roles and responsibilities in consultation with other directors where involved; to supervise work in progress and encourage team to obtain required outcomes, to evaluate results achieved and performance, to organise team meetings and to support team spirit, and assist in problem solving;
- To report to and to advise the General Secretary and Management Team regarding events that occur, strategic issues, trouble shooting, including on relations with affiliates and external organisations, and ensure and monitor political content of ITUC statements, reports, publications etc. in compliance with ITUC strategy and policies;
- To promote ITUC priorities and represent the ITUC publicly;
- To fulfil other responsibilities and tasks related to the position as necessary for the organisation, as mandated by the General Secretary.
- Commitment to trade union values including equality, diversity and inclusivity, solidarity and social justice;
- Experience in and/or demonstrated knowledge of the role and function of the international trade union movement and awareness of institutions such as the ITUC, ETUC, national unions, GUFs and ILO;
- Understanding of strategy, policy formulation, global political, economic, trade, legal, labour, social and cultural context;
- University-level education in labour studies, equality or similar fields, or a combination of relevant experience and training;
- Good understanding of the project management process and donors’ guidelines and procedures; program cycles, legal aspects and budgeting;
- Fluency and excellent writing and verbal skills in English is essential. Knowledge of other ITUC official languages (French and Spanish) is a strong asset;
- Relationship building and political networking, advocacy and mobilisation skills (co-ordinating, influencing, lobbying, diplomacy);
- Proficiency in public speaking and presentation, including media skills;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with using the Microsoft Office suite of ICT and experience of effective use of social media;
- Strong research, presentation, writing and proof-reading skills;
- People management, leadership and listening skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and in small teams, to develop new areas, adaptability and flexibility to cope with multi tasks and urgency;
- Ability to work under pressure and in crises, to develop new areas of expertise and pick up new areas of work;
- Availability to undertake international travel as required, and once appointed to live within daily commuting distance of the ITUC headquarters;
- Integrity and discretion.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package.
The ITUC is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage appropriately qualified candidates, especially women, candidates from developing countries and minorities to apply.
Closing date: 31 March 2023, 17:00 Brussels time.
Veröffentlicht am: 14.03.2023
Applications: CV and cover letter should be sent in English to HR @ firstname.lastname@example.org.