Director of Operations (DoO) (m/f/d)
> 5 Jahre Berufserfahrung, Vollzeit
Arbeitsbeginn : 01.01.2023
Bewerbungsfrist : 05.10.2022
The International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) is looking for a Director of Operations to take on a leading role in the dynamic environment of our growing secretariat in Berlin, the Permanent Office.
The IHRA Permanent Office (PO), which currently has 14 employees, coordinates and supports the IHRA’s activities and all its bodies. It advises and supports the IHRA presidency, which rotates annually. The PO supports the IHRA in implementing its strategy, coordinates the preparation of plenary sessions, implements policy recommendations of the plenary, and represents the IHRA at international meetings. In addition, the PO manages the project funding programs and supports the IHRA Working Groups and the implementation of IHRA projects.
The IHRA PO is building an inclusive workforce, and actively seeks applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented.We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
As a member of the senior management team, the Director of Operations (DoO)will provide advice and support to the Secretary General of the IHRA on matters of policy and program management. In addition, they will contribute to the management and supervision of staff, assist in the development and implementation of IHRA strategy, and serve as a liaison to the IHRA’s permanent international Partners and Observer Countries. The DoO will represent the IHRA in appropriate external fora and stand in for the Secretary General during their absence in policy and program matters.
- You hold an advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in history, political science, culture, social and human sciences, international politics, or related fields.
- You bring at least four years of relevant previous job experience in a management and leadership role preferably in an international environment.
- You are interested in and have knowledge in Holocaust-related issues.
- You have experience in strategy development and implementation.
- You have led a team of at least six colleagues.
- Your English is excellent (C2 CEFR). Good knowledge of German will be an advantage.
- You will be able to represent the IHRA as an international institution with partners.
- Your interpersonal skills and sensitivity to multicultural and intergovernmental environments are very strong.
- You are keen to create an environment of dignity and respect for all, regardless of age, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, geography, grade, language, nationality, racial identity, religion, sex, sex characteristics, sexual orientation, social origin, or any other aspect of identity.
- You work independently under pressure with our international team, partners, and delegates from member countries.
- You are ready to deal with multiple tasks in demanding working conditions with short deadlines.
- You are available for occasional international business travel, including for IHRA’s bi-annual week-long plenary meetings.
What you can expect:
- The contract will be limited to three years with the option of a renewal for another four years.
- IHRA PO offers an open and welcoming working atmosphere in an international team. The compatibility of family and work is important to us.
- A 39-hour work week, part time working possible
- Our office is in the center of Berlin. Occasional telework is possible.
- Employees of the PO are paid on a local basis comparable to the national public sector remuneration system. The gross annual salary will be approximately 95k€ in line with TVöD-Bund EG 15.
- 30 days of annual leave paid.
- The national rules of social security are applied which contribute to health insurance and pension scheme, inter alia.
If you have any questions and need more information about the IHRA or the advertised position, we will be happy to answer them. Please contact Norbert Finger, Director of Finance and Administration, email@example.com.
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, please send the following documents in English combined into one single PDF file entitled “DoO – Your Name” and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter explaining your qualifications.
- Your CV. Please don’t include a photo.
- A scan of your latest university degree.
- Name and contact of two references.
- Please indicate your earliest possible starting date.
Veröffentlicht am: 25.08.2022
Start date: 1. January 2023
Deadline: 5. October 2022
Applications will be reviewed as they come in, interviews will take place between 15. October and 18. November 2022.