Political Adviser (m/f/d)
Arbeitsbeginn : Ab sofort
Bewerbungsfrist : 31.10.2022
As part of the Political Affairs Team, we are looking for two Political Advisers to carry out advocacy activities towards EU institutions, in partnership with the Political Advisers/Political & Legal Advisers and policy leads, thereby helping to create a good life for animals in Europe.
The tasks of both Political Advisers are:
- Contributing to deliver key outcomes throughout the European Commission’s legislative review, specifically in relation to the welfare of animals kept and used for commercial purposes, during their transport and slaughter;
- Working with institutional stakeholders in the European Commission, European Parliament, Council and build alliances around our advocacy objectives;
- Produce advocacy arguments to shape key debates on farm animal welfare, notably on chicken and fish welfare;
- Involving and engaging Eurogroup for Animals’ community of members to maximise pressure on institutional stakeholders;
- Providing institutional stakeholders with scientific advice and tailored policy solutions, whilst engineering and exploiting innovative opportunities to further our goals wherever possible;
- Shape political calls, communications and campaigns as well as voting recommendations and legislative mapping (identifying opportunities and threats);
- Draft oral/written questions, lobby briefs, letters and items for advocacy purposes;
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant EU-level policy decisions in the EU institutions and report regularly to the Eurogroup team and Member Organisations;
- Act as a representative for Eurogroup for Animals at political events, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in political science, law or similar;
- Preferred: background in animal advocacy/science;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of EU public affairs, including in-depth knowledge of EU policy making and influencing processes;
- Well-organised and focused on concrete results and deliverables;
- Analytical skills;
- Flexible and pragmatic;
- Computer literacy;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong written English;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Demonstrable advocacy skills and knowledge;
- Good ability of working as team member and independently.
The person should have affinity with animal welfare and relate to the vision and mission of Eurogroup for Animals.
The values that we at Eurogroup for Animals adhere to are:
- A focus on member organisations.
- Permanent, full-time position (38h per week);
- Based at Eurogroup for Animals office, 29 rue Ducale, 1000 Brussels, with remote working possible.
Start date: as soon as possible
To apply, send your motivation letter and CV to Louise Hilditch – email@example.com – by 31 October 2022.
Please state your salary requirements in your cover email and include how you heard about this position. We will only contact candidates that we would like to invite for an interview.
Veröffentlicht am: 25.10.2022