Director Administration (m/f/d)
> 5 years experience, Full-time
Arbeitsbeginn : 01.09.2023
Bewerbungsfrist : 26.02.2023
ESA is recruiting a Director to lead its Administration Department.
We are looking for an energetic, resilient and positive leader who has the ability to drive forward ESA’s organisational development and to provide strategic advice to College on all related and administrative matters. The successful candidate will be a key player in encouraging cohesion and common values across ESA and ensuring that it remains an attractive employer in the long term.
He/she will lead a team of 10 professionals who provide comprehensive administrative support and assistance to the management and staff of ESA. The Director of Administration reports to ESA’s President, who is a member of the College.
Main areas of responsibility
- Financial management and control;
- Human Resources management;
- Management of Information & Communication Technology;
- Facilities and administrative services;
- Safety, health and security of staff and assets;
- External affairs regarding administration and organisational matters.
- Management of the Department by coordinating action, setting priorities and providing support as needed;
- Provide strategic advice to the College on management of human, financial and technical resources, and administrative and organisational matters;
- Overall responsibility for the efficient delivery of the annual budgetary proposal, administrative services, ensuring appropriate internal controls, and management of commercial arrangements with external suppliers;
- Ensure the correct implementation and application of, inter alia, ESA’s Financial, Staff and Security Regulations and Rules, administrative policies and processes, and the Headquarters Agreement with the host country;
- Continue efforts in modernising and reforming the Department and its services, increasing efficiency and synergies, also in collaboration with the other EFTA organisations;
- Close contact and cooperation with ESA’s Staff Committee;
- Represent ESA regarding administrative matters towards the EEA EFTA Member States and the other EFTA organisations, including joint services in the EFTA House;
- University degree in management, business administration or other relevant field;
- Extensive experience from a managerial position in the public or private sector;
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills;
- Enthusiasm for continuous improvement and experience of leading and supporting organisational change;
- Ability to identify key stakeholders both internally and externally and establish strong working relationships;
- Flexible attitude and approach with ability and will to take on operational tasks as needed;
- Excellent oral and written command of English (the working language of ESA) and ability to draft documents in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to successfully undergo security clearance procedures.
- Experience of leading a team of professionals providing a range of administrative support functions;
- Familiarity with the specific needs of an international work environment and multicultural staff;
- Experience of project management;
- Knowledge of the EEA Agreement and the organisational structure and history of the EFTA organisations;
- Knowledge of one or more of the EEA EFTA languages (Norwegian, Icelandic or German) and Dutch or French would be an advantage.
This position will be filled in accordance with ESA’s policy on Recruitment available at: https://jobs.eftasurv.int.
The position is placed at grade A6 of ESA’s salary scale, the precise step being determined depending on the relevant experience of the successful candidate, with a likely starting salary of between €136 000 and €144 000 per annum. Depending on personal situation and family status, additional allowances and benefits may apply. Tax conditions are favourable.
Type and duration of appointment: fixed-term contract of three years, renewable for a further three years if desirable and in the interest of ESA. Candidates must be nationals of the States party to the EEA Agreement (EU + EEA EFTA) at the point of application and the time of any offer being made.
ESA actively seeks to promote a healthy work/life balance and a working environment allowing its staff members to develop their professional skills and interests. ESA’s flexible working arrangements include the possibility to telework for up to three days a week and a generous allowance of days which can be teleworked from another EEA country.
All applications must be made online;
Deadline for applications: Sunday 26 February 2023 at midnight CET;
Interviews: March 2023;
Start date: 1 September 2023 (or earlier).
Applications submitted in response to this vacancy notice may also be taken into account for the purpose of filling other vacancies arising for similar positions within ESA.
Questions regarding the post may be addressed to Anders Ihr, Director Administration, on +32 (0)2 286 email@example.com.
Questions regarding the recruitment process may be addressed to Emma Thomas, HR Officer, on +32 (0)2 286 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veröffentlicht am: 31.01.2023